Stinking Toe Fruit Powder (Hymenaea courbaril)
This nutrient dense Superfruit tastes much better than its name suggests!
Stinking toe fruit, also called Jatoba, or Guapinol, is the fruit of the West Indian Locust tree (Hymenaea courbaril) which is indigenous to Jamaica. This tropical delicacy has a cream-colored, powdery flesh that tastes similar to vanilla milk powder.
It is very high in nutrients, minerals, phytonutrients, antioxidants, electrolytes and fiber, making it one of the most nutritious fruits in the world!
- Natural energy booster
- High in iron
- Especially high in calcium
- Especially high in vitamins A, B1, B2, B3
- Excellent vegan protein source
- High in phytonutrients, electrolytes, antioxidants
- Antimicrobial, antifungal and antibacterial properties.
- Contains Prebiotic Fiber which supports a healthy gut and immune system.
NUTRITION FACTS (per 100 grams)
Protein 5.9 g
Fat 2.2 g
Carbohydrates 75.3 g
Fiber 13.4 g
Calcium 28 mg
Iron 3.2 mg
Vitamin B1 0.23 mg
Vitamin B2 0.17 mg
Vitamin B3 4.1 mg
HOW DOES IT TASTE?
The flavor is sweet and creamy, like powdered vanilla milk.
Add it generously to your smoothies, porridges, dessert recipes, or just enjoy a handful as a snack!
A 4 oz package contains the pulp of approximately 50 stinking toe fruit pods.